We all get it. When it comes to their interactions with you, customers want certain things, and if they don’t get those things they are likely to turn to someone else. This is not news to us (or at least it really shouldn’t be). For most companies, good customer service is something that requires constant attention, and is often a common pain point that team members have to deal with on a regular basis.
So what is it exactly that customers are looking for when it comes to dealing with you? Here are the top 5 things people expect when it comes to good customer service.
- Customers want you to meet their expectations. Making promises that never materialize? Customers notice, and with the rise of social media, they are not keeping quiet about it anymore! Meeting customers’ expectations is critical in today’s competitive marketplace – no matter the industry. It is far too easy to just hop online and search for a company that can offer exactly what you do. Maintaining customer loyalty is incredibly difficult, and when you are not meeting (and exceeding) expectations, you are really just giving clients an excuse to find a new supplier.
- Customers want to be able to contact you in different ways. Some people want to be able to pick up the phone and speak to you. Others would rather pick up their mobile device and shoot off an email. Still others, although this is probably a very small minority, continue to rely on snail mail as their preferred method of communication. Giving people a variety of options as far as getting in touch with you helps give each person what they want.
- Customers want to hear back from you today, not next week. When a customer calls or emails you, they are probably expecting to hear back from you in a reasonable amount of time. Sure, not all calls or emails can be answered right away – just don’t wait too long. Again, this is just giving someone an excuse to contact a competitor.
- Customers don’t want to be treated like a number. It doesn’t matter if you have 10 clients or 100 clients – every single one of them wants to feel as if they are the only client. Providing personalized service, rather than canned responses, is the best way to let customers know that you care about them.
- Ultimately, customers want you to solve their problems. Unfortunately, very rarely will a client call you to say that you are doing a great job. Most times, those attempts at contact are in response to a problem that requires a solution, and that client is looking to you to provide it. Listening to the issue at hand, and then finding a solution, is the best way to keep that client happy.
Although it can take a bit of effort, good customer service is the best way to achieve brand loyalty and recognition. At PTI, we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service, in a timely fashion. Call us today at 1-800-303-5883.